My little baby girl is getting so big so fast!
A couple weeks a go we took her for her 18mo check up.
Here are her stats: 24 pounds (50% percentile); 32" tall (55% percentile)
Here's a quick rundown of what she's been up to lately:
- Obsessed with Elmo- in fact we just bought her a dancing Elmo who sings the hokey pokey as well, and she loves to turn around in circles with him
- Loves her new Baby Emma doll- she loves putting her baby in the stroller, feeding baby, bathing baby etc.
- Dances all the time and has perfected the "spin"
- Tells me when she has poop (we are currently getting her familiar with her very own potty!)
- Is starting to say all the words that she used to only sign and has now added "hurt" to her sign vocab
- Most frequent/favorite words of Penelope's right now: Book, bubble, bup (up), milk, wa-wa, hot, that, this, tv, mo-mo (Elmo), baby, mama, dada, nana and of course, no no no!
- Understands the concept of hot and says hot
- Likes to do everything mama does: one of her favorite things to do now is help me wash dishes
- Thinks putting things away is super cool: in all her baby classes she is one of the first ones to run back to the teacher with her toy for clean up
- Speaking of clean up, likes to wipe everything
- Still loves to throw her food: yes we are working on this one!
|Penelope on her first day of swim lessons|
|learning how to crawl out of the pool|
|first time enjoying her "pool" outside|
|last day of "school" before summer break- this is one of her favs, the parachute|
|enjoying her very own first icecream cone at IKEA|
|getting to know Baby Emma|
|and just looking plain cute!|
~Happy 19 month birthday my sweet little Pearl~