6.28.2011

Linda's 30th!


This weekend was summer solstice here in Santa Barbara, and in true form the sun did show its face... finally! I think everyone in town was in a better mood just being able to enjoy some great weather and feel like summer has now officially started. I can't think of a better time to have a birthday. My sister-in-law, Linda turned the big 3-0 on Saturday so of course we had to celebrate in style. James and I hosted an intimate grouping of her closest friends and our family here at the house. We had so much fun throwing this party for Linda. I am so blessed to have a sister and to see my brother so happy. They make the cutest couple. Linda honey, you may be 30 now but it only gets better from here! You are gonna rock your 30s!
Congratulations!
xo
the color scheme was pink and purple with polka dots! 

James got right to business making mimosas!


we made "brunch food" and I brought in Renaud's croissants, yummmm




can't have brunch without a hot chocolate bar right? we had all the fixin's, cinnamon sticks, marshmallows, shaved chocolate sprinkles, swizzle sticks, homemade whipped cream and of course Bailey's and Kahlua ;)

During the party I had everyone right little "love notes" to Linda on these cards of paper

later I added them all to this handmade book along with a picture of each person from the party



Linda and her BFF Nicole aka "Big Chick"







Lookin fab for 30!




my mom and James's mom getting ready to feast!

my dad

the grandparents










here comes the cake!

the letters on top got a little smushed so we camouflaged it with a flower!



Linda and Bonnie
I have to say the highlight of this party was the game we played. I wrote out 30 questions about Linda which only she and I had the answers to. Everyone loved filling out the questions and even better finding out the answers! Because Linda is from Sweden there is still a lot many of us don't know about how she grew up etc. It was a great way to put the spotlight on the birthday girl for her special day. I think the grandparents enjoyed it the most. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment