7.05.2012

Happy Birthday America!







This year our Fourth of July was super fun. I just wish the weather was sunnier! It must have been the coldest day I can remember here in Santa Barbara in a long time- funny too that the rest of the country was having record breaking heat! The weekend before was picture perfect, but alas our fourth was quite dreary. Sooo we had to forgo our original plans of having a poolside bbq all day. Instead we took the girls to see the movie Brave. Super cute movie and I do recommend. When we got out of the movies the parade had started on State Street so we stayed to check that out for a while. Then we headed back so the girls could get a nap because we knew they would be up late to watch the fireworks. We spent the evening with my family here in Santa Barbara. A few months a go my parents moved in with my aunt to take care of her full time. She has an incredible view of the riviera and oceanfront. We've always said it would be the perfect house to watch the fireworks. It was so nice not to have to pay to watch them this year or fight with all the traffic. We had a great time bbq'ing, making smores and opening gifts that my parents got for us from their recent trip to NYC. We also got to celebrate my sister-in-law Linda's bday. I made her a bag that she had been wanting and I think she loves it!
Happy Birthday Linda and Happy Birthday America!
Woo-hoo!




James having coffee waiting for the fireworks

Violet Mae with Linda's mom


my parents with Lilja

Linda and Lilja, so cute!

my little niece!




Linda's bag- cute right?





parade watching

No comments:

Post a Comment