5.08.2016

Mom's Day in Avila

It seems the only way I can truly relax these days is to get away from my house! ;)
If I'm home there is alway a "chore" or something on my to-do list that seems to plague me like a bad itch.
So since Mother's Day is about Mothers-- which in my house would be... ME  - I thought it would be fun to visit Avila again.
I love Avila for so many reasons and here are a few:

~They have a great boardwalk that's great for kids (and if its great for kids, then that means its great for the parents cause we can breathe a little)
~beautiful beach with lots to explore (tide pools, neat rock caves to climb, lots of swings)
~it somehow always manages to be sunny there??
~awesome pier for getting close to a seal colony (we're talking you could pet them if you wanted, but that would be a bad, baaaaad idea)
~lots of little wine tasting rooms just down the street
~everything is in walking distance
~Avila Barn which is always a favorite stop for my kids (and for me, I'm addicted to their honey!)
 ~Bob Jones bike trail- this year we rented bikes and biked to Avila barn from our hotel, so fun!

The hotel we like is the Avila Lighthouse Suites
We love it because its directly across from the beach and the cute park.
There is also a pool and jacuzzi facing the beach.
The rooms have a separate living room suite with kitchenette so there's plenty of room for the whole family.

I know VRBOs are great etc etc, but at this point in my life with three under 6 I'm all about convenience. Having the beach, pool and restaurants so close mean 1. I don't have to drive and 2. I don't even need the stroller.
win-win!

Since we were gone for the actual holiday we celebrated our own moms a little earlier in the week with tea at Andersens, this is one of their favorite spots in town. Its pink and girly and fancy. 
Perfect for the ladies.

Pen's class also had an awesome celebration for us moms.
They did an adorable performance of several songs and afterwards gave us our Mother's day ceramic with "brunch" (coffee, oj and bagels). 



Happy Mother's day to all you fabulous moms out there!
treating the mommas to tea



mom selfie!


on the way to Avila- Everly is obviously very engrossed in the movie! lol!

boardwalk at Avila Beach

always full of smiles 

lots of time to practice the bike



biking to dinner

the patio off our bedroom


having lunch on the boardwalk




avila barn
                                    



this just screams summer to me












a super fun surprise we were given the 411 on
this family friendly winery
  1. peacocks roaming
  2. live music
  3. plenty of outdoor seating among the grapes
  4. bean bag toss









nature girl
always tinkering



a fierce biker

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Day i will be keep looking for any new updation in this website. Nice article. I felt that this blog is such a nice information. Happy to read this blog. Ramanathapuram Hospital List

    ReplyDelete