9.30.2010

I want wallpaper!

P.S. I really want this mirror too!

We are moving soon and one of things I really hope to do in our new place is... WALLPAPER!
Wallpaper has made a huge comeback in recent years, due in part largely to the fact that there are just so many cool new designs, and textures available. The last time I was in LA with friends we had brunch at my favorite BLD on Beverly. Right down the street is a great little wallpaper store called Walnut Wallpaper. www.walnutwallpaper.com
Now there are many great wallpaper online stores like my fav designyourwall.com but sometimes its nice to have an actual store to visit where you can see the roll to get an idea of how it would look on your wall (rather than just a sample which makes it harder to imagine the repeat). Now the only downside to wallpaper is of course removing the wallpaper! Which is why I am a fan of using it on a focal wall or creating panels. You could buy some fiber board cut it to size, wallpaper it, and nail it to the wall with molding around as trim- thus creating a custom paneled look. When you want to change it out you simply take down the panels and wallpaper the other side or switch out the board and start new, but its a heck of a lot easier than soaping and scraping a whole wall! Anyhow I posted some pics below of eyecatching designs- not saying I would ever go this bold but they sure are fun to look at.




1 comment:

  1. You're moving soon? Where are you moving to? I just talked to James this morning and he didn't tell me a thing.

    ReplyDelete